Flawless Consulting 2: Discovery and Feedback
Available as an in-house workshop: Either as an virtual, 4 x 3-hour modular workshop or as a life, face-to-face 2-day workshop.
Getting Your Expertise Used.
Why this workshop?
The challenge of every engagement with a client or business partner, is to help reframe their understanding of what they are up against. If they knew what the underlying problem was, they would not need us. What is called a “problem”, in the beginning, is most often a symptom of how the situation is being managed. What keeps us and or partners stuck, is the story that exists about what is going on. One powerful way to make a difference with a client, is to help reframe the story in order to create an opening for new problem solving and real change. This occurs in Flawless Consulting 2 during the discovery and feedback phase of consulting.
So how can you address these relational nuances? Flawless Consulting 2: Discovery and Feedback provides you with the ability to identify these social systems. We teach you ways to navigate these dynamics and how to provide feedback that builds trust in the client/consultant relationship. Rather than feeling trapped, we teach you the skills to become an advocate for yourself and your clients’ self-discovery and self-sufficiency.
This workshop is highly interactive. Brief lectures are used to present initial key concepts. You will then become deeply immersed in the material through interactive simulations with one or two other participants and will have time for deep reflection on each of the processes. The workshop also includes written exercises to apply key concepts to your own unique situation. In addition, you will work as part of an actual consulting team to practice contracting meetings, data collection interviews and feedback meetings and you will also have the opportunity to experience a full feedback meeting.
- The first thing you learn is that the “presenting problem” is rarely the real problem;
- You will develop skills to know how to work with the client to identify your client’s contribution to the problem and build trust;
- Practice a data collection or “discovery” model;
- Conduct interviewing meetings to collect data around a business issue;
- Deal with resistance you experience during the data collection process;
- Practise how to condense data into core issues in order to provide independent, descriptive feedback to client in a manner that they want to receive;
- Skills to conduct a successful feedback meeting;
- Identify methods for mapping out action steps with the client prior to implementation;
- Increase your client’s commitment to partnering with you to deliver the solution;
- Gain skills in turning recommendations into a decision to act.
What others have said...
“A fantastic practical way to learn the very difficult skill of being a great consultant!” - Daniel Burger, Snr HRBP, ABSA
“This is a very useful and valuable course.” - Noah Tembo, Procurement and Maintenance Services, Bank of Zambia
To find out more, click here