Diversity and Inclusion
This workshop is available as an in-house and can be customised and adapted to meet your specific outcome requirements, either online or face-to-face.
Companies that embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their business statistically outperform their peers. – Josh Bersin
South Africa is one of the most diverse nations in the world, known for its ethnic and cultural diversity. Diversity programs have been around for decades, but most companies still don’t have a highly inclusive workplace. Research shows that companies want to shift from diversity as a program to diversity and inclusion as a business strategy.
Leadership in the 21st-century demands organisations move beyond diversity alone to harness the potential that comes from inclusion. If diversity is “the mix,” inclusion is making the mix work by leveraging the wealth of knowledge, and perspectives in an open, trusting, and diverse workplace.
Inclusion and diversity is a topic that is relevant for all organisations. While it sounds obvious to state that we all deserve to work in an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying, unfortunately, this is not always the reality in the workplace. Businesses cannot continue to grow if everyone within them thinks the same, acts the same and has the same interests or if individuals do not feel a sense of belonging. The practices of Inclusion and Diversity ensure that your business will be open to new ideas and new ways of thinking and as a result, you are much more likely to succeed.
By strengthening the representation of diversity and inclusion in your business, you do more than just create an opportunity for individuals; you also harness great talent and great potential. It helps businesses to avoid employee turnover costs and fosters a more creative and innovative workforce.
Who should attend this workshop?
Everyone in a leadership position who wants to optimise diversity by leveraging the power of inclusion.
This 1-day workshop covers:
- Understand what diversity includes and the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Define competencies and practices of an inclusive leader;
- Discuss the extent of unconscious bias, how it shows up and how to address;
- Benefits of diversity in the working environment and how it helps to tap into other “markets”;
Why good employees sometimes resign.
- People come from different backgrounds, each person bring diverse solutions to the table, creating unique ideas and solutions.
- Leading organisations now see diversity and inclusion as a comprehensive strategy, interlaced into every aspect of the talent life-cycle to enhance acquisition (your brand), retention and employee engagement.
- Companies with inclusive talent practices in hiring, promotion, development, leadership and team management generate up to 30% higher revenue per employee and greater profitability than their competitors.
To find out more, click here
Please note that we are able to customise this workshop to produce the outcomes you need in order to include it into your in-house skills development curriculum.