Mental toughness is a measure of individual resilience and confidence that may predict success in sport, education and the workplace. The term originally emerged in the context of sports training, as a set of attributes that allow a person to become a better athlete and able to cope with difficult training and competitive situations and emerge without losing confidence. In recent decades, the term has been commonly used to describe a set of skills used in the business world.
Mental toughness can also be described as the ability to resist, manage and overcome doubts, worries, concerns and circumstances that prevent you from succeeding/excelling at a task or an objective that you have set out to achieve.
Key attributes of mentally tough people include:
- A Winner’s mindset
- Stress optimisation
- Failing well
- Planning and preparedness
Mental Toughness can be used to:
- Build confidence
- Handle pressure in your work and personal environment
- Stay focussed
Benefits of attending:
- Tools to change fear pathways
- Practical tips to develop Mental Toughness
- Developing self-awareness
- Managing stress and burn out
- The Mental Toughness Toolbox
This 1-day workshop covers...
- Emotional Intelligence – the basis of Mental Toughness
- Stress and performance – reduction techniques
- Mental toughness techniques – spotting triggers and improving flexibility
- The strategies of happiness, resilience and grit
- The way forward – support from leaders, individuals and teams
Whos should attend?
Mental toughness skills should be learned and honed by anyone who is out to produce high-level results, and specifically in performance-based environments, such as: business, competitive sports and high-stress jobs.
More about our facilitator, Hanrie Fridjhon
To find out more, click here
|4 March 2020|
Evertsdal Guest House,
9am- 5pm (8:30am registration)
R3 300 excl. VAT : Corporates
R2 300 excl. VAT : NPOs
Our recommendation is that this intervention should be run as part of your in-house management development curriculum at a venue and on a date that is convenient for you!