Flawless Consulting 2: Discovery and Feedback
Learn how to discover the underlying problem and offer feedback that people want to hear.
This is the second 2-day workshop in the series. Even the best of consulting relationships can become difficult when you realise that what the client wants, won’t solve the problem. It’s common to focus strictly on data and facts but those are only part of the solution. Effective, long lasting solutions are holistic, addressing not only the data, but also the people. When you ignore the political system that you’re operating in, you’re setting yourself up for resistance and possible failure.
So how can you address these relational nuances? Flawless Consulting 2 provides you with the ability to identify these social systems. We teach you ways to navigate these dynamics and how to provide feedback that builds trust in the client/consultant relationship. Rather than feeling trapped, we teach you the skills to become an advocate for yourself and your clients’ self-discovery and self-sufficiency.
The objectives of Flawless Consulting 2 are to develop feedback and decision support skills that increase the staff person’s ability to have a strong and positive impact on their client’s business results.
This workshop is highly interactive. You will become deeply immersed in the material through interactive simulations with one or two other attendees. The workshop also includes written exercises to apply key concepts to your own unique situation. You will have the opportunity to experience a full feedback meeting. In addition, you will work as part of an actual consulting team to practice contracting meetings, data collection interviews and feedback meetings. Brief lectures are used to present initial key concepts.
Please note: Only delegates who have attended the Flawless Consulting 1: Contracting workshop, are able to attend this workshop.
- The first thing you learn is that the “presenting problem” is rarely the real problem;
- You will develop skills to know how to work with the client to identify your client’s contribution to the problem and build trust;
- Practice a data collection or “discovery” model;
- Conduct interviewing meetings to collect data around a business issue;
- Deal with resistance you experience during the data collection process;
- Practise how to condense data into core issues and to provide independent, descriptive feedback to client in a manner that they want to receive;
- Skills to conduct a successful feedback meeting;
- Identify methods for mapping out action steps with the client prior to implementation;
- Increase your client’s commitment to partnering with you to deliver the solution;
- Gain skills in turning recommendations into a decision to act.
What others have said...
“A fantastic practical way to learn the very difficult skill of being a great consultant!”
- Daniel Burger, Snr HRBP, ABSA
- Nadia Mason, Learning Process Facilitator, Symphonia for South Africa
“This is a very useful and valuable course.”
- Noah Tembo, Procurement and Maintenance Services, Bank of Zambia
To find out more, click here
|3 & 4 September 2020||3 & 4 September 2020|
Evertsdal Guest House,
Melrose Place Guest House,
8:30am - pm (8am registration)
R9 200 excl. VAT : Corporates
R5 500 excl. VAT : NPOs
To download a printable version of the scheduled dates, click here
Our recommendation is that this world-class intervention should be run as part of your in-house management development curriculum for influencing and consultation skills - at a venue and on a date that is convenient for you!