Breakfast with Samkelo Blom - Cape Town
Diversity and Inclusion for Leaders and Managers.
Much has been said and written about diversity and inclusion in the South African context. Organisations require both diversity and inclusion to be competitive and successful. They need to recognise their diverse resources and transform them into capabilities.
Workspaces and environments where people are expected to deliver and perform have changed.
There is a mix of cultures, genders, ages and abilities like never before in the work place. These employees bring their uniqueness (ie. identities, feelings, persuasions and backgrounds) to the place of work.
These new generation of employees are now asking for...
- More open and transparent working environment
- Fast paced career development (sometimes called succession planning and talent management)
- Engaged and interactive working environment
- A diversity of thought and inclusive leadership
It is in this background and context that we shall discuss and help leaders to...
- Understand the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Define competencies and practices of an inclusive leader
- Discuss extent of “Unconscious Bias, Power and Rank” in the working environment
- Benefits of diversity in the working environment and how it helps to tap into other “markets”
Why good employees sometimes resign
|Samekelo Blom has extensive experience with people and organisational culture issues. He is a UCT graduate who specialised in human resources. He started his career as a training facilitator and progressed into heading learning function for various JSE listed companies. Samkelo has spent the last 5 years heading human resources for a large corporate and has recently launched his own boutique human resources consulting company: Nomatu Consulting. He is a passionate and experienced human resources/inclusion thought leader with an interest in how companies can maximise diversity in the workplace.|
|Date: 24 July 2019|
|Time: 09:00 - 11:00 (registration 08:30)|
|Venue: Evertsdal Guest House, Eversdal, Durbanville|
|Investment: R515 excl. Vat|
To book, click here
For more information, please click here