Breakfast with Desiree Paulsen
Leading Diverse Teams: Organisational Transformation and the Millennial Leader.
If you are interested in being fully conscious and educating yourself as a leader around diversity, race, gender and organisational transformation then this session will speak to you.
Desiree will provide a contextual picture of the key ‘diversity, race, gender and transformation’ issues that face organisations in South Africa at this point in its history.
A list of useful readings, resources and tools will be provided to assist in participating to broaden knowledge and deepen understanding on the topic.
This session will focus on and introduce you to:
- Deepening your understanding of social justice and transformation in organisations
- A systems thinking and living systems approach to working with transformation
- The deeper dimensions and meanings of diversity - introduction to the terminology
- Internalised dominance and internalised oppression
- Emotional resilience and capacities needed to do the work
- Courageous conversations as a methodology for working with race and diversity
- Leadership approaches that allow organisations to do the deeper work
- Taking action - how to initiate change and transformation in your organisation
|Desiree Paulsen has 15 years’ experience as an organisational development practitioner and transformation facilitator. She has a Master’s degree in adult education training and development and has worked globally. Her current work in facilitation of transformation and change processes includes: transformation journeys, diversity and transformation workshops and training workshops on developing facilitation skills. Her work as an organisational development practitioner includes strategic processes that assist organisations to align their vision, mission and values.|