Breakfast with Ziyanda Masiza - Johannesburg
|R490 excl. VAT|
Topic - De-mystifying Bias in the workplace
In the end, it is about building gender partnerships, so that we can remove gender bias from our organisation and think about ourselves as a leadership community - instead of male and female leaders.
Often we are told to “think out of the box”
Ziyanda is convinced “THERE IS NO BOX”
Gender bias is a preference or prejudice toward one gender over the other. Bias can be conscious or unconscious, and may manifest in many ways, both subtle and obvious. In many countries, eliminating gender bias is the basis of many laws, including those that govern workplaces, family courts, and even the voting booth. Despite these efforts, many legal and political scholars argue that total gender parity remains a far off goal.
Aims of this breakfast:
- Assist women to take ownership of their presence in the workplace
- Draw women into mindfulness about the ‘bias’ nature of the workplace and society
- Enable women to carve their own leadership path based on their own realities
- Enhance the collaborative nature and competitiveness of women for greater advancement and business growth
- Empower female leaders with practical tools on resilience and confidence
- 2018-10-12 08:30 - 10:30